Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Sagar Miglani <sa...@live.com> on 2022/08/22 08:41:16 UTC

Alias deleted when Sibling child2 of Resource child1 has alias 'child1'

Hi all,

I want some suggestion on the following behaviour of resource resolver:

  1.  When I create two resources, let's say 'child1' and 'child2' under path '/content/demo/'
  2.  And add sling:alias=["child1"] property on resource 'child2'
  3.  Now, if I delete resource 'child1', then the in-memory alias of resource 'child2' gets deleted as well
  4.  'child2' will not be accesible with alias 'child1'

I believe that the above behaviour is incorrect, on deleting the resource 'child1' alias of 'child2' should not be removed from in-memory alias cache and 'child2' should be accessible using alias ‘child1’.

Is this a expected behaviour? Or Should we avoid such kind of conflicting alias configuration? I did not find any such suggestion in documentation [0]. Am I missing something?

Could anyone please provide any suggestion with the above behaviour? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sagar

PS: I have also attached a test case patch to reproduce the above behaviour.

Re: Alias deleted when Sibling child2 of Resource child1 has alias 'child1'

Posted by Sagar Miglani <sa...@live.com>.
Hi all,

Any suggestion on this?

On 22-Aug-2022, at 2:11 PM, Sagar Miglani <sa...@live.com>> wrote:

[...]