Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com> on 2023/07/13 14:06:40 UTC

Intellij Struts 2 Plugin for 6.x DTD

I have attempted to update the Intellij Struts 2 plugin to work with the
new 6.0 DTD xml structure. This is my first dive into Intellij plugins,
and to be honest, I'm not sure everything is working exactly as it is
supposed to. That said, the links from Action classes to the
corresponding struts xml files work when using the CTRL+click on the
class name - which is what I use most anyway.  I've included a link to
the build/plugin ZIP file below. I am assuming that Intellij will not
accept my PR request anytime soon as there are several existing PRs
collecting dust.

If anyone has experience in Intellij plugins or wants to give some time
trying to make everything work, feel free to fork my repository.

Release with packaged plugin
https://github.com/burtonrhodes/intellij-obsolete-plugins/releases/tag/v2023.2.1

Forked Repository
https://github.com/burtonrhodes/intellij-obsolete-plugins

Thanks,
Burton

Re: Intellij Struts 2 Plugin for 6.x DTD

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
Great.  This is definitely the best solution moving forward.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
Nice. Sounds good.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, there are no references to other packages/modules from the /struts2 directory so copying it over to an isolated repository should work just fine.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
I finally managed to figure out what was wrong and now the very first
PR is ready
https://github.com/apache/struts-intellij-plugin/pull/1

Re: Intellij Struts 2 Plugin for 6.x DTD

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
I started working on IP Clearance procedure and prepared a simple GH
Actions workflow (among other things), yet some tests are failing and
I wonder if this can be related to my changes
https://github.com/apache/struts-intellij-plugin/pull/1

Running locally I get:

[   1623]   WARN - #c.i.o.v.n.p.l.VfsLog - VFS Log version differs
from the implementation version: log null vs implementation -43
[   1988]   WARN - #c.i.u.n.s.ConfirmingTrustManager - Received an
empty list of custom trusted root certificates from the system. Check
log above for possible errors, enable debug logging in category
'org.jetbrains.nativecerts' for more information
9:34:54 AM: failed on iteration 1 (use
`recheckingIteration(3201180346085451506L, 1)` or
`withSeed(3201180346085451506L)` to reproduce), shrinking...

09:34:54,050 SEVERE                 #TestFramework - Test failed
org.jetbrains.jetCheck.PropertyFalsified: Failed with
org.jetbrains.jetCheck.CannotSatisfyCondition: Cannot satisfy
condition can find a file under
/Users/lukaszlenart/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jetbrains.intellij.idea/ideaIU/2023.1.1/e45081dc718ef8d79831d3bf759d70fd0dc451c1/ideaIU-2023.1.1/contrib/struts2/ognl/testData/
satisfying given filters
On commands:<none>

The failure is not reproducible on re-run!!! Possible cause: side
effects in the test.

To re-run the minimal failing case, run
  PropertyChecker.customized().rechecking("0ILnxgXym5XmDQE=")
    .checkScenarios(...)
To re-run the test with all intermediate shrinking steps, use
`recheckingIteration(3201180346085451506L, 1)` instead for last
iteration, or `withSeed(3201180346085451506L)` for all iterations

 Property failure reason:
org.jetbrains.jetCheck.CannotSatisfyCondition: Cannot satisfy
condition can find a file under
/Users/lukaszlenart/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jetbrains.intellij.idea/ideaIU/2023.1.1/e45081dc718ef8d79831d3bf759d70fd0dc451c1/ideaIU-2023.1.1/contrib/struts2/ognl/testData/
satisfying given filters
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.GenerativeDataStructure.generateConditional(GenerativeDataStructure.java:68)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Generator.lambda$suchThat$3(Generator.java:101)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.GenerativeDataStructure$CurrentData.generateOn(GenerativeDataStructure.java:86)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.GenerativeDataStructure.generateNonShrinkable(GenerativeDataStructure.java:52)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Generator.lambda$noShrink$2(Generator.java:83)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.GenerativeDataStructure$CurrentData.generateOn(GenerativeDataStructure.java:86)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.GenerativeDataStructure.generate(GenerativeDataStructure.java:40)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario.safeGenerate(Scenario.java:102)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario.access$200(Scenario.java:14)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario$1.generateValue(Scenario.java:61)
at com.intellij.testFramework.propertyBased.MadTestingUtil.lambda$performOnFileContents$19(MadTestingUtil.java:284)
at com.intellij.testFramework.RunAll$Companion$actionSequence$1$1.invoke(RunAll.kt:70)
at com.intellij.testFramework.RunAll$Companion$actionSequence$1$1.invoke(RunAll.kt:70)
at com.intellij.testFramework.common.RunAllKt.runAllCatching(runAll.kt:61)
at com.intellij.testFramework.common.RunAllKt.runAll(runAll.kt:32)
at com.intellij.testFramework.RunAll.run(RunAll.kt:21)
at com.intellij.testFramework.propertyBased.MadTestingUtil.lambda$performOnFileContents$24(MadTestingUtil.java:301)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario.performCommand(Scenario.java:43)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario.<init>(Scenario.java:23)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Scenario.lambda$scenarios$0(Scenario.java:138)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Iteration.findCounterExample(Iteration.java:61)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Iteration.performIteration(Iteration.java:118)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.CheckSession.run(Iteration.java:166)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.PropertyChecker$Parameters.checkScenarios(PropertyChecker.java:200)
at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.PropertyChecker.checkScenarios(PropertyChecker.java:31)
at com.intellij.lang.ognl.OgnlCodeInsightSanityTest.testIncrementalHighlighterUpdate(OgnlCodeInsightSanityTest.java:76)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
at com.intellij.testFramework.UsefulTestCase.lambda$runBare$11(UsefulTestCase.java:477)
at com.intellij.testFramework.UsefulTestCase.lambda$wrapTestRunnable$13(UsefulTestCase.java:498)
at com.intellij.testFramework.UsefulTestCase.runTestRunnable(UsefulTestCase.java:402)
at com.intellij.testFramework.UsefulTestCase.defaultRunBare(UsefulTestCase.java:418)
at com.intellij.testFramework.UsefulTestCase.lambda$runBare$12(UsefulTestCase.java:485)
at com.intellij.testFramework.EdtTestUtil.lambda$runInEdtAndWait$1(EdtTestUtil.java:40)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:308)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:788)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:739)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:758)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.kt:302)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:207)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:128)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:117)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:92)

==========================

at org.jetbrains.jetCheck.Iteration.performIteration(Iteration.java:121)
[...]
Caused by: org.jetbrains.jetCheck.CannotSatisfyCondition: Cannot
[...]
... 29 more

[...]

at java.base@17.0.6/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at java.base@17.0.6/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base@17.0.6/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base@17.0.6/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
at java.base@17.0.6/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base@17.0.6/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
Good to hear.  I made some hasty changes to make the plug-in "work" with
newer versions of IntelliJ, but to be honest, I was never able to get
the tests to run.  Additionally, the latest update to IntelliJ's SDK
(v1.15.0 -> v 1.16.x) deprecated/removed quite a few methods.  My fork
is here [1], but I would suggest you probably start from original
repository.

[1] https://github.com/burtonrhodes/intellij-obsolete-plugins

Thanks,
Burton

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
Lukasz,

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

#1 is solved in my current release.  However, with #2 I am stuck. If you

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.