Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Br...@regulusgroup.com on 2005/06/06 23:05:41 UTC

connection pooling &oracle

I am attempting to set up connection pooling in tomcat 5.0.28 using oracle
10g. I am able to successfully use
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory as long as my
rs.executeQuery() is not cast to OracleResultSet. I have seen a few
threads on this topic but I can't seem to find an implementation that I
can actually get to work. Does anyone have any helpful info that can guide
me in the right direction?

Thanks

Re: connection pooling &oracle

Posted by Patrick Thomas <ps...@gmail.com>.
Brian,
What is it that you're looking to accomplish with that cast? It makes
it hard for others to respond with suggestions when they don't know
what your criteria are. Also, how does it fail when you try it (ie
ClassCastException)?

Personally, I haven't run into any issues, but I just stick with the
generic result set.

Give a few more details so that people can understand your issue.

Cheers,
PST