Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Vladimir V. Bychkov" <gi...@bychkov.name> on 2022/08/11 23:37:24 UTC

JUnit 5 in maven-plugin-testing-harness

Hello everyone.

Maven-plugin maven-plugin-testing-harness
<https://github.com/apache/maven-plugin-testing/tree/master/maven-plugin-testing-harness>
still uses JUnit 4
<https://github.com/apache/maven-plugin-testing/blob/7d6518b0d32d820efa15f7b4d022b8524a9b1d1b/maven-plugin-testing-harness/pom.xml#L84-L88>
. Are where plans upgrade it to JUnit 5 ?

With regards,
Vladimir V. Bychkov

Re: JUnit 5 in maven-plugin-testing-harness

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.
Haven't seen a discussion in Slack or on the mailing list, so I guess no.

But I like the idea. Be aware that there are still Junit3 tests iirc.
Updating would be a breaking change, but that's okay for the upcoming Maven
4 release.

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.