Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/21 09:05:50 UTC

Re: Error getting value from the database for display of field [contentName] on form [ListContent]

any body can help this?

the findContent page thrown this exception if the contentName is more then
20 but the edit page is fine....

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.
it seems cause by:
 <display-entity entity-name="Content" description="${contentName}"
key-field-name="contentId">
                <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
            </display-entity>
in the ContentForms.xml, how this work? why the length of contentName is
more than 20 will cause this exeception?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there may be two issues here.
1) does the rendering use the entity value or the field def as the
primary len for a display field. this is definately something to discuss
here.
2) Most db work with ofbiz and the 20 char length is not a problem.
So this leaves DB problem at the driver level. This is not a ofbiz
problem and should be covered in the db2 support groups.

guo weizhan sent the following on 2/21/2008 12:05 AM: