Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 11:54:06 UTC

[jr3] The plan is... -antipattern

Hi,

Some of the ongoing jr3 discussions contain statements like "The plan
is X" where X is based on some private off-list discussion. That's an
antipattern we need to get rid of.

If you can't point to an earlier lists thread where consensus on X was
reached, use "my plan is ..." or "the plan I discussed with N.N. is
..." instead of implying a wider consensus on "the plan". That way you
encourage others to participate instead of presenting something as an
already decided matter. Only once that discussion has reached a
clearly documented consensus, can we move from "my plan" (or "your
plan") to "the plan".

BR,

Jukka Zitting