Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net> on 2001/12/25 00:32:01 UTC

VOTE: Adding TestCases

Hi,

I'd like to add *TestCases for the components/crawler package,
components/search package, and
generation/SearchGenerator.

The testcases will reside in directory
{project.dir}/test/<package-name>/test.
All testcases have the classname suffix TestCase.
eg for SearchGenerator.java the FQN name is
org.apache.cocoon.generation.test.SearchGeneratorTestCase.java,
 residing in sub-dir of {project.dir}/test.

Moreover I like to adapt the current existing IOUtilsTest.java to the
above convention, and
adapting then build.xml accordingly.

bye bernhard

Re: VOTE: Adding TestCases

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Bernhard Huber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to add *TestCases for the components/crawler package,
> components/search package, and
> generation/SearchGenerator.

Nothing to vote about.

Excalibur includes an ExcaliburTestCase for just this purpose.  It provides
a mini environment and stores your Component in an ExcaliburComponentManager,
all by a simple configuration file.  If you extend it, you will be able to
test your Component's contracts.

> The testcases will reside in directory
> {project.dir}/test/<package-name>/test.
> All testcases have the classname suffix TestCase.
> eg for SearchGenerator.java the FQN name is
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.test.SearchGeneratorTestCase.java, residing
> in sub-dir of {project.dir}/test.

This is the way it is supposed to be.  However, all the testcases actually
live in the test directory and not the main source code directory.

> Moreover I like to adapt the current existing IOUtilsTest.java to the
> above convention, and
> adapting then build.xml accordingly.

Do it ;)

Seriously, testcases are not used for the runtime of the Cocoon system, so
they can be changed as needed.  The outline you have above for test names
is consistent with what Avalon does.  This is a good thing.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin