Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Lynette Tillner <lt...@avs-1.com> on 2004/09/10 01:28:07 UTC

Perl error on local install (under Windows XP)

I have just installed Apache Webserver 2.0.46, ActivePerl 5.8.4 and MySql
3.51 on a laptop under Windows XP.

Everything runs --- Apache is running, MySQL is running and Perl is running.
I can do perl commands from the command prompt.

However, when I try to run my perl scripts from the cgi-bin installed
locally, I get an Internal Server Error.  Looking at the log file tells me
the errors are always:

Access is denied.  couldn't create child process: 720005:
and
Access is denied.  couldn't spawn child process

All the scripts have been updated to have #!c:/perl/bin as the top line.

All scripts run from Cgi-bin have this same behavior.  What have I forgotten
to do in my install/setup/configuration processes?

Thanks for any help!  It's urgent that I get this running ASAP!

Lynette

Re: Perl error on local install (under Windows XP)

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Lynette Tillner wrote:

> I have just installed Apache Webserver 2.0.46, ActivePerl
> 5.8.4 and MySql 3.51 on a laptop under Windows XP.
>
> Everything runs --- Apache is running, MySQL is running
> and Perl is running. I can do perl commands from the
> command prompt.
>
> However, when I try to run my perl scripts from the
> cgi-bin installed locally, I get an Internal Server Error.
> Looking at the log file tells me the errors are always:
>
> Access is denied.  couldn't create child process: 720005:
> and
> Access is denied.  couldn't spawn child process
>
> All the scripts have been updated to have #!c:/perl/bin as
> the top line.

This isn't really mod_perl related - for cgi-related
problems, you'd be better off trying a cgi newsgroup,
or googling for "Couldn't spawn child process". However,
it's a common-enough problem that we included it in
the Win32 mod_perl faq:
  http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/os/win32/faq.html

--
best regards,