Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by John Hartman <jh...@walrus.com> on 2000/07/29 22:30:13 UTC

Error saving services registry: DeployedServices.ds

I"m sure this isn't specificly a SOAP/XML issue, but since I'm hitting this wall while trying to implement SOAP...here it is!
While trying to deploy using the Admin Tool, the following exception is thrown:

My question is, basicly...where is DeployedServices.ds supposed to be writen to? If I knew just that I could at least check permissions!

I'm currently using releases current to Thursday, 07-27-2000: xml-soap-2_0_rc1, and xerces-1_1_2

Exception: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Error saving services registry: DeployedServices.ds (Permission denied)]
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Error saving services registry: DeployedServices.ds (Permission denied)]
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.saveRegistry(ServiceManager.java:127)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.deploy(ServiceManager.java:146)
        at jsp__soap__deploy_2ejsp._jspService(jsp__soap__deploy_2ejsp.java:154)
        at org.gjt.jsp.HttpJspPageImpl.service(HttpJspPageImpl.java:75)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet$Page.process(JspServlet.java:908)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.xservice(JspServlet.java:550)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:436)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:317)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Re: Error saving services registry: DeployedServices.ds

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
I am using Tomcat and it goes into its bin directory. Check the rpcrouter.jsp code, I have already changed here the save address once.
Regards.

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.