Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com> on 2008/06/03 15:32:31 UTC

Re: [REPOST] Setting multi-value widget values for dynamically createdforms

Hi Derek,

As far as I can remember you just need to set the multi-value widget
value to a simple array, and I don't think you should initialise the
array with 10 values if you are only setting 1.

Something like this maybe:

var values = ["option1", "option2"]; // these are the values to pre-
select
fwidget.setValue(values);

Cheers,

Robin

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Robin

Thanks!  This worked - with the modification that you only need:

var values = new java.util.ArrayList();

Derek

>>> On 2008/06/03 at 03:57, in message <BB...@robinwyles.com>, Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com> wrote:
I'm not sure if it's the best way, but off the top of my head...

var values = new Packages.com.java.util.ArrayList();
values.add("option 1");
values.add("option 2");
values.add(someMethodToGetAString());
values.add(someOtherMethodToGetAString());
fwidget.setValue(values.toArray());

Basically, the trick is to pass a simple array to the multi-value
widget containing only the values you need to set...

Cheers,

Robin

Posted by Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com>.

Posted by Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com>.
Or you could even do:

var values = [];
values[0] = "option 1"
values[1] = someMethodToGetAString();
fwidget.setValue(values);

I think your problems were down to the fact that you were
initialising the size of the array...

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Robin