Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/04 13:47:42 UTC

5.3.1 bug fix release

There are a couple of bugs fixed in 5.3 release. Should we go ahead
with a bug fix release .

RE: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Yes, was activated by me at the same time that Noble said he finally wants to start the RC phase for 5.3.1.

By the way, the error that the backwards-compatibility index is missing was seen several times already:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-5.3/

(once each day, already 3 failed jobs)

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
Uwe can you please start jenkins run on the 5.3 branch ?

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
I'm cutting a tag by tomorrow

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

RE: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
DONE.

-----

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Done and thanks Noble, whew!

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
It's not too late.
If you are confident of not introducing any regression , please go ahead

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
I see this committed to 5.3.1

but do not see this in the appropriate section in 5.3.1 CHANGES.txt

I'm not the right person to make a call on how important this is to be
added to the 5.3.1 release. I'll leave this to others

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
I will backport LUCENE-6781 and LUCENE-6748 if nobody objects.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
I would like to port the following:

From branch_5x:

RE: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

I also backported the Java 9 fix, so I can start the Jenkins test of 5.3 again.

Uwe

-----

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

RE: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
What would be the proposed schedule?

I am happy to backport some changes, e.g. the one that broke Morfologik.

Uwe

-----
http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a 5.3.1 -- seems like there are some serious bugs around the
new security module.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a couple of bugs fixed in 5.3 release. Should we go ahead
> with a bug fix release .

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.