Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it> on 2008/01/10 19:34:41 UTC

Deploying SNAPSHOTs

Hi All,

I have some question about SNAPSHOT artifact:

1 - Can SNAPSHOT be deployed without a VOTE?

2 - Do all the committers have the right for deploying artifact?

I'm asking those questions because I would like to release a SNAPSHOT
for all the upnp moduels.

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.01.2008, 19:34 +0100 schrieb Stefano Lenzi:
> Hi All,
>
> I have some question about SNAPSHOT artifact:
>
> 1 - Can SNAPSHOT be deployed without a VOTE?

Yes. This is regularly done and very useful. As SNAPSHOTs are not
releases, there is no requirement for a vote.

Some projects even run a CI system (e.g. Jackrabbit) which automatically
deploys the SNAPSHOT after each nightly build. I think this is a good
service to the community, first to he testers out there being releived
from having to build themselves and second to the developers who can be
assured, that there work is also tested during development times.

> 2 - Do all the committers have the right for deploying artifact?

Yes, committers can deploy to the Apache Snapshot repositories at
people.apache.org. Projects should be set up such that SNAPSHOT
deployments go to the right place. Apache Felix is no exception.

> I'm asking those questions because I would like to release a SNAPSHOT
> for all the upnp moduels.

Good thing.

Regards
Felix