Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/02/27 02:12:09 UTC

Why can't I use swagger java with spark rest?

I'm really interested in using Camel's REST DSL and Swagger to provide
documentation on my API routes.  I was hoping to use spark as well, but I
can't seem to get it to run.  I receive this error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component spark-rest is not a
RestApiConsumerFactory
at
org.apache.camel.component.rest.RestApiEndpoint.createConsumer(RestApiEndpoint.java:223)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.EventDrivenConsumerRoute.addServices(EventDrivenConsumerRoute.java:68)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRoute.onStartingServices(DefaultRoute.java:98)
at org.apache.camel.impl.RouteService.warmUp(RouteService.java:158)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doWarmUpRoutes(DefaultCamelContext.java:3453)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.safelyStartRouteServices(DefaultCamelContext.java:3383)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartOrResumeRoutes(DefaultCamelContext.java:3160)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartCamel(DefaultCamelContext.java:3016)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.access$000(DefaultCamelContext.java:175)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext$2.call(DefaultCamelContext.java:2812)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext$2.call(DefaultCamelContext.java:2808)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doWithDefinedClassLoader(DefaultCamelContext.java:2831)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:2808)
at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)

My thought is that this implies that there's something not supported
between the two.  Is that accurate?

John

Re: Why can't I use swagger java with spark rest?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Its probably worth also listing out which components support swagger here:
http://camel.apache.org/rest-dsl.html

Some observations I had:

- Undertow doesn't throw the error, but the swagger.json file isn't
available.
- Jetty throws this exception as well
- Restlet gives a NoClassDefFoundError, but I suspect its a bad dependency
in the chain somewhere.

I haven't tried servlet yet, since I'm targeting a containerless deployment
(wasn't sure if it worked with Tomcat embedded).

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Ok, I figured out whats going on.  I'm using gradle to build and didn't
have it configured for local repo, only maven central and apache
snapshots.  The latest 2.17 camel snapshot is from November.  Locally a
full build fails for me on this:

[WARNING] Error initializing:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.DefaultVelocityComponent@6b180b20

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/velocity/util/ClassUtils

at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(RuntimeInstance.java:572)

at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:241)

at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:116)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.DefaultVelocityComponent.initialize(DefaultVelocityComponent.java:95)

at
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusLifecycleManager.initialize(PlexusLifecycleManager.java:303)

at
org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusLifecycleManager.activate(PlexusLifecycleManager.java:207)

at
org.eclipse.sisu.bean.BeanScheduler$Pending.activate(BeanScheduler.java:156)

at
org.eclipse.sisu.bean.BeanScheduler$Activator.onProvision(BeanScheduler.java:185)

at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:126)

at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:68)

at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.circularGet(ProviderInternalFactory.java:63)

at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:45)

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:1016)

at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1092)

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2.get(InjectorImpl.java:1012)

at org.eclipse.sisu.inject.Guice4$1.get(Guice4.java:162)

at org.eclipse.sisu.inject.LazyBeanEntry.getValue(LazyBeanEntry.java:81)

at org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.LazyPlexusBean.getValue(LazyPlexusBean.java:51)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:263)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:255)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:517)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:121)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.multithreaded.MultiThreadedBuilder$1.call(MultiThreadedBuilder.java:185)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.multithreaded.MultiThreadedBuilder$1.call(MultiThreadedBuilder.java:181)

at

at

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

org.apache.velocity.util.ClassUtils

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.unsynchronizedLoadClass(ClassRealm.java:271)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:247)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:239)

... 34 more

Which strikes me as a maven bug/error.  I'm using Maven 3.3.9.  But even
then, it looks like CI has been failing for a long time.  Doing a forceful
rebuild locally and pointing to my local fixes the issue w/ undertow.

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.