Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@vgalleries.com> on 2001/06/22 15:19:13 UTC

Tomcat not putting session objects into JSP page context?

Hi all- I've got a JSP/Javabean application that works fine under JRun and iPlanet Web Server.  However, when I use Tomcat, it does not seem to be instantiating new session variables if they don't already exist.  In the top of my JSP page, I have:

<jsp:useBean id="loginBean" class="LoginBean" scope="session"/>

And further down in the page I do (actually inside a TagLib, but I tried it in the page as well as a test):

  Object obj = pageContext.getAttribute("loginBean");

But obj comes back as null.  If I try:

 LoginBean tlb = (LoginBean) session.getAttribute("loginBean");

then I get the bean!  Why is my call to pageContext failing to get loginBean, especially considering that this works on other Java application servers?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Richard

Tomcat not putting session objects into JSP page context? (repost...)