Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jochen Topf <jo...@remote.org> on 2002/07/03 12:23:49 UTC

bug in tables and [* *]

Take the following table:

      XXX
[* if ($t) { *]
      YYY
[* } *]

If $t is true it works. If $t is false, the whole contents of the table will
be skipped, even the XXX part. (This is in 2.0b8)

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298

Re: bug in tables and [* *]

Posted by Jochen Topf <jo...@remote.org>.
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 04:21:45PM +0200, Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh wrote:
> > Take the following table:

> >       XXX
> > [* if ($t) { *]
> >       YYY
> > [* } *]
> >
> > If $t is true it works. If $t is false, the whole contents of the table
> will
> > be skipped, even the XXX part. (This is in 2.0b8)
> >

> Looks like a bug, quick workaround is to either use [$if $] ... [$endif$] or
> to add some text between the } and the end of the table e.g.
>
> [* } *]
> <!-- -->
>
> in both case it will work. I try to fix the bug for the next release

The <!-- --> solution does work in my little test case but it doesn't work
in all cases. But the [$if $] ... [$endif$] is ok.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298

Re: bug in tables and [* *]

Posted by Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Take the following table:

>       XXX
> [* if ($t) { *]
>       YYY
> [* } *]
>
> If $t is true it works. If $t is false, the whole contents of the table
will
> be skipped, even the XXX part. (This is in 2.0b8)

Looks like a bug, quick workaround is to either use [$if $] ... [$endif$] or
to add some text between the } and the end of the table e.g.

[* } *]
<!-- -->

in both case it will work. I try to fix the bug for the next release

Gerald