Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 02:31:12 UTC

Move Jakarta Slide and Taglibs to the Attic?

This is cross-posted to reach most of the potentially interested
folks, please reply to the general@jakarta.a.o mailing list.

Quick recap, Jakarta retired Slide in Nov '07 and most of Taglibs in
Oct '09 (barring three that moved to Tomcat -- for the purpose of this
email, Taglibs refers to the retired bits that remain in Jakarta).
When our last board report was submitted, there was a
question/suggestion whether Slide and Taglibs should be moved to the
Attic. Anyone thinks otherwise?

I'll wait three weeks for any responses, please reply by 3/21 if you
have any comments.

-Rahul

Re: Move Jakarta Slide and Taglibs to the Attic?

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
+1 on both being moved into the Attic.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
To summarize this thread, consensus seems to be to move both to the Attic.

I will proceed to call a formal vote today, which will be held on the
general@jakarta list.

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Holz <us...@martin-holz.net>.

Please move Slide to Attic.

There are still moderation requests for the slide-dev and slide-users mailing
lists, it looks like 100% spam. If I remember correctly, there was a decision
to close this mailing lists.

Martin