Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk> on 2017/10/10 08:52:25 UTC

freezing on CentOS 7

i am currently stuck on Java release
java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.131-11.b12.el7.x86_64
on CentOS 7 with TomEE 7.0.3

updating CentOS to
Version     : 1.8.0.144
Release     : 0.b01.el7_4
results in random freezes with no error in catalina.out

back story: the system automatically updated to 1.8.0.144.  TomEE
started crashing.  looked like it was still running.  no output in
catalina.out.  kept restarting and it would run for a while but same
result.  rebooted whole server.  no change.  rolled back to 1.8.0.131
and blocked yum from updating.  everything works ok now.

Re: freezing on CentOS 7

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic news. Thanks for following up, and I'm glad things are looking ok.

I'd still be interested in figuring out what was going on if you're able to
tell us a bit more about your app so we can try and reproduce.

Jon

Re: freezing on CentOS 7

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.

Re: freezing on CentOS 7