Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Thaminda Karunanayake <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 15:04:15 UTC

More Information about the

Hi,

I am pretty much interested in the type of work associated with the
Cayenne framework. I would like to contribute to the Cayenne community
in any possible way. I would be much grateful to you if you could send
me more details about the modifications to be made so that I can
concentrate more specifically.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thaminda

Re: More Information about the

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Thaminda,

Maybe you can start looking at this Jira:

   https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1012

My personal #1 JPA task is CAY-858, but it is pretty involved, so
let's start with smaller tasks.

Now a bit of formalities... Note that to contribute code to Apache,
you'll need to sign and submit a simple form called Individual
Contributor License Agreement:

http://apache.org/licenses/

In case your work is sponsored by a company, such company will need to
additionally send a Corporate CLA. See the link above for the
instructions. Note that scanned email submissions are accepted.

Thanks,
Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thaminda,

Thanks for your interest in giving us a hand with Cayenne. We can sure
use some help in a number of areas. One such area where there's lots
of work to be done is JPA provider. I don't know how familiar you are
with the JPA spec? You can read the spec and ensure that you can build
Cayenne and run all the integration tests (that include a bunch of JPA
tests), then you can get back to us and we can talk about the specifics.

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=220
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/jpa-guide.html

Andrus