Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ma...@student.uni-ulm.de on 2003/11/13 13:12:07 UTC

Hibernate using db-connection-pool of cocoon?

Hi,
I know that Hibernate can use the connections specified in the server.xml of
e.g. Tomcat by jndi. Is there any way to tell hibernate to use the
connection-pool of cocoon? Yes, there is the way - like described in the HowTo's
- to define a property file for hibernate using its own connections. But I don't
like this approach...
Thanks in advance for every response..
Mat

Re: Hibernate using db-connection-pool of cocoon?

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
mathias.wiegard@student.uni-ulm.de wrote:
> I know that Hibernate can use the connections specified in the server.xml of
> e.g. Tomcat by jndi. Is there any way to tell hibernate to use the
> connection-pool of cocoon? Yes, there is the way - like described in the HowTo's
> - to define a property file for hibernate using its own connections. But I don't
> like this approach...

I discussed about this with Jeremy Quinn at the GetTogether. As I
currently do a lot of work using Cocoon and Hibernate, I have to a plan
to implement it sooner or later. But, given my current workload, this
probably means "later".

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

AW: Hibernate using db-connection-pool of cocoon?

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi mathias,

there are several possibilities...

- use an Excalibur DataSourceComponent (which pools connections) to get
connections and use these connections for your hibernate sessions
- write and use a custom hibernate ConnectionProvider that can be configured
to use an Excalibur DataSourceComponent; this is probably a better and more
reusable approach; just have a look at the ConnectionProvider interface and
implementations, should be relatively straight forward to implement
- ...