Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca> on 2011/05/20 07:46:47 UTC

revert-stable-update (was Re: SA 3.3.2 Release Candidate 1 call for testing & comments)

On 17/05/2011 11:10 PM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> I plan to write a script to handle reverting to a known good update in
> an emergency before I re-enable the updates. The script will need to be
> run as updatesd on the Solaris zone and will have syntax something like:
>
> ./revert-stable-update 1083704

This is now done.  The syntax is as above.

> Usage details will follow when its ready. The script will:

Usage details are in the top of the script file.  It's easy:

1) login to spamassassin.zones.apache.org
2) sudo su - updatesd
3) /home/updatesd/svn/mkupdates-with-scores/revert-stable-update 1234567

> - accept an update number (that will be on the update mirrors already)
> - test the given update against the stable versions of SA
> - update DNS immediately
> - *maybe* automatically halt future automatic update generation

DNS actually waits 16 minutes to update (just like for a normal update)
to give the mirros that sync every 15 minutes time to sync up.  The
update is run via the at queue.

The script *DOES* create the file
rulesrc/scores/DISABLE-AUTOMATIC-UPDATES to signal the auto-update
script build/mkupdates/mkupdate-with-scores to not update the update
version info in DNS when run to generate a new update package.  The file
is created whenever you run the revert-stable-update script to do a
reversion.  To re-enable auto-update publishing simply delete the file
from SVN.

Daryl