Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com> on 2015/10/29 17:31:46 UTC

Re: want to contribute

Hi Aaditya,

The mailing list is a great place to start to see what's going on in the
community that you may want to contribute to. Next step is to look over
the contribution docs [1], which tell you how to run the tests for
various Avro implementations, and to choose which language you want to
work on.

Also, if you haven't used Avro before, I recommend trying it out so that
you're familiar with what it does and how to use the APIs.

Thanks!

rb

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AVRO/How+To+Contribute

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: want to contribute / Re: Getting Started / Re: Guidance for getting started

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
Sourabh, Aaska, and Aaditya,

I didn't see the other two requests when I sent this original, but you
can all three use it. Are you all in the same course at DA-IICT?

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer