Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Edward S <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/06 15:47:09 UTC

Memory Leak - Cocoon 2.1.9

All,

Has anyone observed any memory leaks in 2.1.9?
Our client got an 'OutOfMemoryException' ...the log also said 'out of swap
space'

If I monitor the VM Size and the Mem Usage on the task manager for the
Tomcat process, after using our cocoon app, i see that both  grow in size.

Env: Win 2003
Tomcat 5.0.28
Cocoon 2.1.9

thanks

Ed.

RE: Memory Leak - Cocoon 2.1.9

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.

> Hi Edward,
>
> I recall in a previous release was an issue with the ehcache,
> that basically made the cache grow unlimited. That could
> cause the issue.
> IIRC, the workaround is turn off the disk cache. Otherwise

Setting the ttl (timetolive) lower is IMO better then turning off the disk cache. I'd rather set max object lower (memory part) and set ttl lower. Or use jcscache like I do where you can set the limit of diskcache entries (though, perhaps in the latest ehcache this is possible as well, I am not sure)

-Ard

Re: Memory Leak - Cocoon 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Edward,

I recall in a previous release was an issue with the ehcache, that
basically made the cache grow unlimited. That could cause the issue.
IIRC, the workaround is turn off the disk cache. Otherwise upgrade to a