Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 19:00:02 UTC

are consumer offsets stored in a log?

I swear I read that Jay Kreps wrote somewhere that consumers now write
their offsets in a logfile (not in zookeeper).

Is this true or did I misread?  Sorry I can't find the article I was
reading.

Re: are consumer offsets stored in a log?

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Consumers in a future release (0.8.2) or trunk will write offsets to a
Kafka topic, not zookeeper.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Dennis Haller <dh...@talemetry.com>.
This will force a rewrite of those monitoring tools and UI tools that read
offsets from Zookeeper in order directly to get lag information for
reporting on consumer clients. It seems a good thing to know this is coming
down the pipe.

Dennis

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com>.