Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Cezar Andrei <ce...@oracle.com> on 2011/09/16 19:30:58 UTC

[REPORT] XMLBeans - September 2011

This is the proposal for our report to the board. Please send
comments/suggestions before Monday when I'll forward it to the board.

XMLBeans Board Report - September 2011

About XMLBeans:
XMLBeans is a tool that allows you to access the full power of XML in a
Java friendly way. The idea is that you can take advantage of the
richness and features of XML and XML Schema and have these features
mapped as naturally as possible to the equivalent Java language and
typing constructs. XMLBeans uses XML Schema to compile Java interfaces
and classes that you can then use to access and modify XML instance
data.

Not much code development happening since the last report but there was
a flurry of emails on the mailing list and also wiki updates.

There was no new releases but there is talk about a new release, if the
current committers find the time to work on it. We need to bring new
people to the project.

There were no new committers or PMC changes for this period and now
other issues requiring board's attention.

Cezar Andrei