Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lifeng Xu <lx...@rims.com> on 2001/02/05 00:28:44 UTC

Lib Class can not be found problem

Hi,

We are using Apache & Tomcat to host our jsp application, which in turn,
access ejbs running in Inprise AppServer. The whole application is on Linux
plateform. Now I am running into a problem that has been droven me crizy.

When I start my brower to access my jsp file, I got an error (see message
attached bellow) that says that Tomcat (or somebody else?) can't find the
javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril class. I double checked that I include the jar file
that contains this javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril class in 2 places: 1)Tomcat's
"tomcat.properties" file, using wrapper.classpath directive, and 2)In my
document root's WEB-INF/jar directory. It seems to me that it was taken,
because in the error message bellow I can see classes like
"com.inprise.vbroker.orb.CDRInputStream", which is in the same
jar file that contians the "missing" javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril file. But for some
reason it still says that it can't find
the Util class. It found one class from a jar file but can't find another
class existing in the same jar file! How can this be possible? Is this a
classpath issue? Is there anywhere else that I need to set classpath to?

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lifeng

Error: 500

Location: /memberLink/Login.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/rmi/CORBA/Util
        at
l.java, Compiled Code)
        at
_0002fLogin_0002ejspLogin_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fLogin_0002ejspLogin_jsp_0.
java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

Root cause:

[...]

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/rmi/CORBA/Util
        at javax.rmi.CORBA.Stub.(Stub.java:43)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.CDRInputStream.class$(CDRInputStream.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.CDRInputStream.read_Object(CDRInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.CDRInputStream.read_Object(CDRInputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.AnyImpl.read_value(AnyImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl._invoke(RequestImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl.invoke(RequestImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve(_NamingContextStub.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.inprise.ejb.NamingContextWrapper.resolve(NamingContextWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPOA._invoke(NamingContextPOA.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExtPOA._invoke(NamingContextExtPOA.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.poa.POAImpl.invoke(POAImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.poa.ActivationRecord.invoke(ActivationRecord.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.poa.ServerInterceptorManager$ARWrapper.invoke(ServerInte
rceptorManager.java, Compiled Code)
        at
com.inprise.vbroker.poa.POAProtocolConnector.invoke(POAProtocolConnector.jav
a, Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.invoke(DelegateImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl._invoke(RequestImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl.invoke(RequestImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve(_NamingContextStub.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.callResolve(CNCtx.java, Compiled
Code)
        at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.lookup(CNCtx.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.lookup(CNCtx.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java, Compiled
Code)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.AdministrationToolkit.getEmailAdminOTW(Administr
ationToolkit.java, Compiled Code)
        at
com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.LoginToolkit.getEmailAdmin(LoginToolkit.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.LoginToolkit.getNewUserRequests(LoginToolkit.jav

Re: Lib Class can not be found problem

Posted by Chris Janicki <Ja...@ia-inc.com>.
It looks like your app is hung at the Class.forName() method, which will
reference a class loader.  I seem to remember that there are some very
special caveats about using a class loader from within a JSP... you
somehow don't get access to the same classpath or scope for some reason,
maybe security?

Sorry I don't have any more details, but hopefully that will set you off
in the right direction, or maybe cue someone else to add to this.

Chris

On 2/4/01, 6:28:44 PM, Lifeng Xu <lx...@rims.com> wrote regarding Lib Class
can not be found problem:

> Hi,

> We are using Apache & Tomcat to host our jsp application, which in turn,
> access ejbs running in Inprise AppServer. The whole application is on
Linux
> plateform. Now I am running into a problem that has been droven me crizy.

> When I start my brower to access my jsp file, I got an error (see message
> attached bellow) that says that Tomcat (or somebody else?) can't find the
> javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril class. I double checked that I include the jar file
> that contains this javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril class in 2 places: 1)Tomcat's
> "tomcat.properties" file, using wrapper.classpath directive, and 2)In my
> document root's WEB-INF/jar directory. It seems to me that it was taken,
> because in the error message bellow I can see classes like
> "com.inprise.vbroker.orb.CDRInputStream", which is in the same
> jar file that contians the "missing" javax.rmi.CORBA.Uril file. But for
some
> reason it still says that it can't find
> the Util class. It found one class from a jar file but can't find another
> class existing in the same jar file! How can this be possible? Is this a
> classpath issue? Is there anywhere else that I need to set classpath to?

> Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

> Thank you in advance.

> Lifeng

> Error: 500

> Location: /memberLink/Login.jsp

> Internal Servlet Error:

> javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/rmi/CORBA/Util
>         at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextI
mp
> l.java, Compiled Code)
>         at

_0002fLogin_0002ejspLogin_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fLogin_0002ejspLogin_jsp_
0.
> java, Compiled Code)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled
> Code)
>         at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.
ja
> va, Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled
> Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled
> Code)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnecti
on