Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Dinuka De Silva <l....@gmail.com> on 2022/06/28 00:54:16 UTC

[jupyter-platform-dashboard] No database migration script available

Hi Himanshu,

I tried setting up your project. I don't find a DB script or a migration
script to create the database. Could you provide me either please? so it's
helpful for me to provide you with any guidance. I would recommend adding a
docker-compose to spin up a MySQL docker container, and that way you could
even keep the database scripts and data also in the repository for anyone
getting started. Here's [2] a reference you could follow.

Also, I'm using a MacBook and I had been getting the following issue in the
backend.

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'MySQLdb' mac

I was able to fix it by doing the following. [1] while I'm not sure if
"PyMySQL" is packed with "SQLAlchemy" or if this is a mac only issue.

pip install PyMySQL

// Added these two lines to app.py
import pymysql
pymysql.install_as_MySQLdb()

Thanks & Regards,
Dinuka

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39574813/error-loading-mysqldb-module-no-module-named-mysqldb
[2]
https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/modules/ide-integration/src/main/containers/docker-compose.yml#L17

Re: [jupyter-platform-dashboard] No database migration script available

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dinuka,

Please use the new code base at [3]. Start the API by running it inside the
IDE. Right-click on Application.java and run should work. UI can be started
by running npm start.

[3]
https://github.com/SciGaP/iPython-Kerner-Changes/tree/main/jupyter-platform

Thanks