Posted to users@maven.apache.org by miro <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/08 18:28:22 UTC

trouble configuring jboss aop plugin

I am getting this error message

12/8/08 12:27:55 PM EST: Missing artifact
org.jboss.maven.plugins:maven-jbossaop-plugin:jar:1.0.0:compile

here is my pom.xml   please help  me fix this.

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>lab</groupId>
  <artifactId>my.testing</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>my.testing</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
 <pluginRepositories>
     <pluginRepository>
         <releases>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
         <id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
         <name>JBoss Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
         <url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
      </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
       <name>JBoss Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
       <url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
     </repository>
   </repositories>

   <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.14</version>
    </dependency>
   </dependencies></project>

Re: trouble configuring jboss aop plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> 12/8/08 12:27:55 PM EST: Missing artifact
> org.jboss.maven.plugins:maven-jbossaop-plugin:jar:1.0.0:compile

This means Maven cannot find the plugin maven-jbossaop-plugin with the
version 1.0.0.

>     <pluginRepository>
>         <releases>
>            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
>         </releases>
>         <snapshots>
>            <enabled>true</enabled>
>         </snapshots>

This says, look at this repo for SNAPSHOT-versioned plugins, only.
Maven will never look here for a plugin with the version 1.0.0.

>     <repository>
>       <id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
>       <name>JBoss Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
>       <url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
>     </repository>

This says, when you're trying to find artifacts for the dependencies
etc, look at this repo. But you've configured a regular (non-SNAPSHOT)
repo, and you're pointing at a snapshot repo (so the name indicates),
so this is probably an error.

>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>
>      <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0</version>
>    </dependency>

Plugins are almost never dependencies.

This pom is completely wrong in so many ways. Ask the JBoss AOP plugin
people for help. It seems like their documentation needs to be updated
or improved.

Wayne