Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by My...@lotus.com on 2001/02/01 20:06:18 UTC

RE: Xalan and Apache / Namespace not supported bySAXParser

Chris,
I'm guessing that setting setNamespaceAware(true) did not help? I wonder if
there is then a configuration issue ? Can you verify that you are pointing
to the correct version of the parser? Maybe Apache is doing  something to
the classpath??

Myriam

"chris markiewicz" <cm...@commnav.com> on 02/01/2001 01:55:24 PM

Please respond to xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   <xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc:   <va...@jpl.nasa.gov> (bcc: Myriam Midy/CAM/Lotus)
Subject:  RE: Xalan and Apache

vanessa

i am having the same problem...exactly the same problem actually.  apache
bad, command line good - although i have not tried a different server.  i
recently posted essentially the same message under the title "namespace not
suppored by SAXParser???"  if you learn anything, please let me know.  i'll
do the same.

thanks
chris
Posted by Bob Mulrenin <bo...@salzburgresearch.at>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:26:28 -0500
"chris markiewicz" <cm...@commnav.com> wrote:

> hello.
>
> i am convinced that jrun's jaxp.jar and xt.jar are causing my problem.
>
> has anyone figured out a workaround to this problem?  jaxp.jar uses some
> "old" classes but i cannot simply remove it from the classpath because jrun
> uses it.  (surely someone is using jrun.)
>
> and while ditching jrun and using tomcat is indeed a workaround, it is not
Under Tomcat 3.2, I had to place xalan and xerces ahead of **both** jaxp
and parser jars in the startup script classpath.. Did you have to do
this as well in Tomcat?
> an acceptable one...unfortunately.
>
> thank you very much.
> chris

Bob

Robert  Mulrenin

SalzburgNewMediaLab
Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 5/III
A-5020 Salzburg
AUSTRIA

phone: +43-662-2288-402

fax:      +43-662-2288-222

Re: Xalan and Apache / Namespace not supported bySAXParser

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
chris markiewicz wrote:

> hello.
>
> i am convinced that jrun's jaxp.jar and xt.jar are causing my problem.
>
> has anyone figured out a workaround to this problem?  jaxp.jar uses some
> "old" classes but i cannot simply remove it from the classpath because jrun
> uses it.  (surely someone is using jrun.)
>
> and while ditching jrun and using tomcat is indeed a workaround, it is not
> an acceptable one...unfortunately.
>
> thank you very much.
> chris

Chris --

You should be able to move them behind xalan.jar and xerces.jar so that
they appear later in the classpath.  That way, the classes in xalan and
xerces will take priority.

Gary

RE: Xalan and Apache / Namespace not supported bySAXParser

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.