Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 17:04:33 UTC

[1.x] AXIOM dependency on core-databinding module

Hi,

When I debug the code yesterday, I found we now have AXIOM dependency in
core-databinding module to register the OM adapter for JAXB. The
core-databinding module is not the right place, we should refactor it into
another module. We already have an XMLAdapterExtensionPoint and we could add
some code to load the XmlAdapters using the tuscany-extensibility.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: [1.x] AXIOM dependency on core-databinding module

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, thanks for the clarification.
>
> I meant 1.x if it's not so disruptive. Of course, we need to do that for 2.x
> too.
>
> Thanks,

snip...

I wasn't implying that I think it's particularly disruptive. Was just
checking;-)

Simon

Re: [1.x] AXIOM dependency on core-databinding module

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I debug the code yesterday, I found we now have AXIOM dependency in
> core-databinding module to register the OM adapter for JAXB. The
> core-databinding module is not the right place, we should refactor it into
> another module. We already have an XMLAdapterExtensionPoint and we could add
> some code to load the XmlAdapters using the tuscany-extensibility.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Hi Raymond

So what you mean is to replace the line...

xmlAdapterExtensionPoint.addAdapter(OMElement.class, OMElementXMLAdapter.class);

with a lookup against META-INF/services inside of the XMLAdapterExtensionPoint?