Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "JS.staff" <js...@ecclescollege.ac.uk> on 2004/12/22 17:22:36 UTC

Controlling write access via apache[Scanned]

To control people with readonly and read-write access, I have also tried:

<Location /myrepos>
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /repos/mytestrepos
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "My repository"
        AuthUserFile "/passwds"
        AuthGroupFile "/writeaccessgroup"
        Require valid-user
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
        Require group "writeaccess"
</LimitExcept>
</Location>

(putting those with write access in the group). But this doesn't work either - everyone in the passwds file can write.

HELPPPPP!

Thanks,

John

Re: Controlling write access via apache[Scanned]

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Wednesday 22 December 2004 12:22, JS.staff wrote:
> To control people with readonly and read-write access, I have also
> tried:
>
> <Location /myrepos>
>         DAV svn
>         SVNPath /repos/mytestrepos
>         AuthType Basic
>         AuthName "My repository"
>         AuthUserFile "/passwds"
>         AuthGroupFile "/writeaccessgroup"
>         Require valid-user
> <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
>         Require group "writeaccess"
> </LimitExcept>
> </Location>
>
> (putting those with write access in the group). But this doesn't work
> either - everyone in the passwds file can write.
>
> HELPPPPP!

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s04.html#svn-ch-6-sect-4.4.2

Use mod_authz_svn to control read-write access.  It's much easier to deal
with, and more flexible should you decide to allow access to some parts
of a repository.

-John