Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net> on 2001/09/02 10:21:17 UTC

XMLSubs possible bug and fix

I can't get XMLSubs to work with perl v5.00503 with ASP.pm version 2.17.
When I put <s:td>Hi</s:td> in my code, it would generate the following
perl code:

s::td({ }, 'Hi');

which did not work for some reason; I think that perl didn't realize that
this was supposed to be a function call. I made it write this instead:

&s::td({ }, 'Hi');

and it works now.

The lines in ASP.pm that I fixed are in "sub ParseXMLSubs":

   1195              "<% &$func({ $args }, ''); %>"
   1224                 "<% &$func({ $args }, $text); %>"

Re: XMLSubs possible bug and fix

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Philip Mak wrote:

> I can't get XMLSubs to work with perl v5.00503 with ASP.pm version 2.17.
> When I put <s:td>Hi</s:td> in my code, it would generate the following
> perl code:

> which did not work for some reason; I think that perl didn't realize that
> this was supposed to be a function call. I made it write this instead:

Hey thanks, I'll get this fix into the next release.  Let me
know if you want my dev version in advance with this fix included.

--Josh