Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2012/05/01 15:54:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Airavata 0.2-incubating

This is the first incubator release for Apache Airavata, with the artifacts being versioned as 0.2-incubating.

We are requesting at least one additional IPMC member vote, as we have received 2 binding Mentors/IPMC +1 votes during the release voting on airavata-dev:

Community VOTE & RESULT Thread :  http://markmail.org/thread/5vcfvyezsfzzgfd2

Mentors/IPMC member votes from the Airavata-Dev list:
Ate Douma: +1
Chris Mattmann: +1

Detailed change log/release notes:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES

All Release Artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/

PGP release keys (signed using 617DDBAD):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/KEYS

Specific URL's:

SVN source tag (1330645):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/

Source release:
http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/airavata-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip

Binary Artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.zip

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheairavata-108/

Please verify the artifacts and vote. The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airavata 0.2-incubating

Posted by Srinath Perera <sr...@wso2.com>.
Sorry for taking time .. here is my +1

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> >> This is the first incubator release for Apache Airavata, with the
> artifacts being versioned as 0.2-incubating.
> >>
> >> We are requesting at least one additional IPMC member vote, as we have
> received 2 binding Mentors/IPMC +1 votes during the release voting on
> airavata-dev:
> >>
> >> Community VOTE & RESULT Thread :
> http://markmail.org/thread/5vcfvyezsfzzgfd2
> >>
> >> Mentors/IPMC member votes from the Airavata-Dev list:
> >> Ate Douma: +1
> >> Chris Mattmann: +1
> >>
> >> Detailed change log/release notes:
> >>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/RELEASE_NOTES
> >>
> >> All Release Artifacts:
> >> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/
> >>
> >> PGP release keys (signed using 617DDBAD):
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/KEYS
> >>
> >> Specific URL's:
> >>
> >> SVN source tag (1330645):
> >>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/tags/airavata-0.2-incubating/
> >>
> >> Source release:
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/airavata-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip
> >>
> >> Binary Artifacts:
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.tar.gz
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/airavata/0.2-incubating/RC6/apache-airavata-0.2-incubating-bin.zip
> >
> > The NOTICE file in the binary archive contains the following:
> >
> > =========================================================================
> > ==  NOTICE file corresponding to section 4(d) of the Apache License,   ==
> > ==  Version 2.0, in this case for the Apache Airavata distribution.    ==
> > =========================================================================
> >
> > This definitely should not be present.
> >
> > There are lots of other entries in the NOTICE file; it's not clear to
> > me whether they are all needed or not.
> > AIUI, the NOTICE file should only contain *required* notices (whereas
> > the LICENSE file should contain ALL applicable licenses)
>
> Hi Sebb,
>
> For the past few months we were too focussed on making sure we include all
> the required notices and in the process we ended up with more than whats
> needed. We tried to minimize these extra notices as much as possible, but
> not quite there yet. Do you see this as a blocker for this release?
>
> To get the License, Notice files right, we branched a stable version and
> trunk moved too far ahead. If this extra notices are not too critical
> blockers, we would like to wrap this release and merge back to trunk and
> address the unnecessary notice information. Will that be acceptable?
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh
>
> >> Maven staging repo:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheairavata-108/
> >>
> >> Please verify the artifacts and vote. The vote will be open for 72

============================
Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
  Senior Software Architect, WSO2 Inc.
  Visiting Faculty, University of Moratuwa
  Member, Apache Software Foundation
  Research Scientist, Lanka Software Foundation
  Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com/
  Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemapani/
 Phone: 0772360902

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airavata 0.2-incubating

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Airavata 0.2-incubating

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
The 72 hour voting period is passed and the vote is now closed.  Thanks to everyone who took time to review the release.

With the three IPMC member votes (2 of them mentors) and 5 PPMC votes the vote succeeds.

IPMC member voting record:
* Ate Douma:  +1
* Chris Mattmann : +1
Srinath Perera : +1

*Denotes an IPMC member vote cast on the airavata-dev list

Thanks,
Suresh

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.