Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 22:33:54 UTC

mod_ldap: server_config structure part of the API?

All,

mod_ldap has it's own server_config struct defined  in
httpd/include/util_ldap.c -- does this location implicitly make the
server config structure part of the API?

If So, what kind of one-time bump would it take to pull this out of
the "public" header?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: mod_ldap: server_config structure part of the API?

Posted by Brad Nicholes <bn...@novell.com>.
<14...@mail.gmail.com>, "Eric Covener"
<co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> mod_ldap has it's own server_config struct defined  in
> httpd/include/util_ldap.c -- does this location implicitly make the
> server config structure part of the API?
>
> If So, what kind of one-time bump would it take to pull this out of
> the "public" header?

It would have to be a 2.4 change.  I don't think that you could get away with making this type of change in 2.2.  util_ldap_state_t isn't being used by httpd outside of util_ldap, but that doesn't mean it's not being referenced by somebody (although it shouldn't be).

Brad