Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/23 06:27:57 UTC

Regarding job status between current and the latest

Hi devs,

Paragraph seems to show the latest job run info (date, status), and another
run overrides this information.
Confused thing is that another run doesn't override the finished date until
job finished, so while running start date is greater than finished date
which is not intuitive.

What do you think? Is it intention, or just a bug?
If we agree that we'd be better to set finished date to initial value
(null) when start of the run I'll address it to new issue / pull request.

Btw, would it be better to store job run history?
Maybe unit is paragraph, since we can run individual paragraph without
running whole notebook.
It is just a idea and I didn't think a way to realize.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : Jungtaek Lim
Blog : http://medium.com/@heartsavior

Re: Regarding job status between current and the latest

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Alexander,

Thanks for the quick comment!

As you may already know, null value is just a initial value of the date.
Changing date to initial value should not hurt if initial value doesn't
hurt now.
Again, I love to have Option but Zeppelin uses Java so we may want to just
adapt ourselves.

"null, or not null" is actually far from the issue. Job status messing up
with latest run and current run is the origin issue.
We're exposing start date and finish date to the REST API now, so although
it is not urgent but this is an existing issue.

Btw, just wondering, how about exposing job run history to the UI?
If we don't want to store histories, how about exposing current run status
(or latest status if not running) ?

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.