Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2002/01/16 12:49:28 UTC

Off for ~5 weeks

Hi all,

I'll be wandering around national parks and mountains in South Africa
for the next 5 weeks on holiday. So till I get back, you'll have to all
somehow cope without me ;)

Eh? Who am I? I'm a committer here, dontcherknow.. just verrry inactive
(my avalon-based project was axed..  in this economic climate you take
what jobs you get, even if it's JSP+javascript). If we want to preserve
karma, there's plenty of highly clueful people around here who better
deserve my vote (Leo Sutic, Stephen McConnell, Paulo Gaspar, Peter
Royal..).

Luckily, there's lots of no-clue-required jobs around for when I get
back, like implementing Berin's "daggers" proposal, and fixing the build
system to not need jars, before the next release. I'm also itching to
get some stuff into Commons, where it can lead a parallel life in the
sandbox until it proves viable and maintainable outside Avalon.

So long,

--Jeff

Re: Off for ~5 weeks

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:49, Jeff Turner wrote:
> I'll be wandering around national parks and mountains in South Africa
> for the next 5 weeks on holiday. So till I get back, you'll have to all
> somehow cope without me ;)

have fun! Now I am definetly jealous ;)

> Eh? Who am I? I'm a committer here, dontcherknow.. just verrry inactive
> (my avalon-based project was axed..  in this economic climate you take
> what jobs you get, even if it's JSP+javascript). If we want to preserve
> karma, there's plenty of highly clueful people around here who better
> deserve my vote (Leo Sutic, Stephen McConnell, Paulo Gaspar, Peter
> Royal..).

awww ;)

> Luckily, there's lots of no-clue-required jobs around for when I get
> back, like implementing Berin's "daggers" proposal, and fixing the build
> system to not need jars, before the next release. I'm also itching to
> get some stuff into Commons, where it can lead a parallel life in the
> sandbox until it proves viable and maintainable outside Avalon.

Look forward to it.

--
Cheers,

Pete