Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Clark <ga...@jeld-wen.com> on 2001/06/08 00:48:56 UTC

[C2] pooling setup question

I'm trying to get pooling to work with esql under C2b1.  Without pools, it
works fine.  IE, if I use the following.

    <esql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</esql:driver>
    <esql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/develop</esql:dburl>
    <esql:username>devtool</esql:username>
    <esql:password></esql:password>

My cocoon.conf contains:

  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="devtool">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/develop</dburl>
      <user>devtool</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

When I change it to <esql:pool>devtool</esql:pool> I the the following
error:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.:org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.:org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate():java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get
the datasource java.sql.SQLException: You cannot get a Poolable before the
pool is initialized

So, how do I get the pool to initialize?  I've tried to find something in
the examples, but I must be missing something.

Gary A. Clark
Systems Programmer
Software Services Group
JELD-WEN Information Systems