Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Mullin <mu...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/27 20:13:18 UTC

Adminstrative Web Application

I had tomcat up and running just fine on our z/OS 1.7 IBM mainframe
environment.  Then a client noticed that the administrative application
was no longer shipped in tomcat by default, and so I went to the apache
tomcat site and downloaded the administrative web application.  After
installing it, when I start tomcat, I see this message:

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor admin.xml

followed immediately by:

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor admin.xml
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/local/apps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/conf/Catalina/localhost/admin.xml
(EDC5111I Permission denied)

The message seems pretty plain,  but when I look at the admin.xml file, it
has permissions of 755.  So, can anybody tell me what the problem might
be?

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation