Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/11/16 20:05:55 UTC

Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Do we want to try out Jira's Kanban/Scrum boards like these [1] in
Apache Mesos?

Maybe the icon/splash/about dialog set of issues is a small project we
could use to give Jira's boards a spin.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]

- Apache Mesos Kanban
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=111

- Apache Mesos Sprint 68
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=62

Re: Xmas IDE Release Plan Proposal (was Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards)

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
New Kanban Board setup for the tasks/tickets relating to a Java 9 IDE release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=219

It's currently empty, for ANY tickets that should be worked on related
to this Release can we put in a label 'Java9-IDE' as the filter for
the board uses the following query:

project = NETBEANS AND labels = 'Java9-IDE' ORDER BY Rank ASC

Regards

John

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
It's very slow to load...

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi John,

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wade,

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
+1 for Kanban

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
John,

Do you know if we can also create Epics?

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Cool. I'll keep on working on that small NetBeans Platform demo app.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
I think that's a good idea.

Re: Kanban / Scrum / Boards

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
I would very much be in favor of this. See the email I sent in November with the Subject “Jira Epics, Boards, and Agile Management, and What Other Projects Are Doing”. At the moment, we also can not create Epics, and I think some of these big picture things would benefit from them. When we create issues we have an option to choose an Epic, but I could not create one. I can help with the boards if I have access to manage them too. I prefer Kanban, and I think Kanban will suite not only the notion of “flow”, but also the way we work distributed and our timelines. Scrum will require sprints, if we are practicing it, and I’m not sure that cadence will match our community.

Thanks,

Wade