Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by carmichs <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/12 22:18:47 UTC

Remote JBI plugin deployment problems

Hi all,

when I run the following command:

>mvn jbi:projectDeploy -Dhost=XXX.X.X.XXX -Dusername=XXX -Dpassword=XXX

(where XXX = real values)

to deploy to a remote server running ServiceMix standalone, I get the
following error:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root e
xception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
localhost; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:317)
        at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.task.JbiTask.getJMXConnector(JbiTask.java:77)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.task.JbiTask.connect(JbiTask.java:85)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.task.JbiTask.execute(JbiTask.java:252)
        ... 21 more
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refuse

Notice that localhost is being invoked (not the hostname I indicated in the
-D option)

Anyone else run into this?   Am I misunderstanding something.   Obviously
its trying to connect to my local machine,  but I need it to connect to the
server.   I can open JConsole locally and connect to this remote box with no
problems.....

Thanks!

Steve

Re: Remote JBI plugin deployment problems

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Steve,

I've just committed a patch that adds this feature.  If you rebuild
ServiceMix from SVN now, you should be able to use the remote
jbi:projectDeploy with the host, port, username and password parameters.

Gert

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Steve,