Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Peter Schröder <ps...@blau.de> on 2010/06/14 09:31:35 UTC

buildr 1.4 as --pre release

is it possible to publish the latest release candidate as a gem?

gem install buildr --pre

i think this would be very convenient and is a best practice in the ruby community

king regards,
peter

Re: buildr 1.4 as --pre release

Posted by Peter Schröder <ps...@blau.de>.
maybe it's this:

gem help install|grep prerelease
        --prerelease                 Install prerelease versions of a gem if
                                     prereleases.

Re: buildr 1.4 as --pre release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
The word on #ruby is "just end the gem version with a letter and it will be
considered a prerelease".

Hmm, I didn't change the version for 1.4.0 RC4.

Re: buildr 1.4 as --pre release

Posted by Peter Schröder <ps...@blau.de>.

Re: buildr 1.4 as --pre release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.