Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1997/11/12 18:03:29 UTC

RE: general/1404: doesnt build due to BSD file name length restri ctions (fwd)

I believe this is only a warning, the server still links fine.
Sunos gets these too, but not today (1.3b3-dev) since it get's stuck at
the
fgetc isn't declared in stdio problem. - ben

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
I agree with Marc, the minimal change tempts fewer evil spirits.
I can submit something in about 12 hours that undoes the last one
and does the more minmal thing. - ben h.

ps. On the other topic, what's the deal with ar and long filenames.
> uname -a
SunOS thailand 4.1.4 3 sun4m
> strings /bin/ar
@(#)ar.c 1.14 88/08/07 SMI
@(#) Copyright (c) 1980 Regents of the University of California.
 All rights reserved.
... etc.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 12:03:29PM -0500, Ben Hyde wrote:
> I believe this is only a warning, the server still links fine.
> Sunos gets these too, but not today (1.3b3-dev) since it get's stuck at
> the fgetc isn't declared in stdio problem. - ben

There's a set of prototypes in conf.h which are meant to be used on SUNOS
(and SUNOS only): they declare the missing prototypes iff the #define
SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES is set. I added prototypes for fgets() and fgetc()
to this set of prototypes yesterday. My question now is: did anything
change, or is possibly the #define SUNOS_LIB_PROTOTYPES not set on your
platform? Can you please re-check and report either to the list
(preferred) or to my personnally? I would like to eliminate this compile
failure before the official distribution of 1.3b3.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Martin

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Ben Hyde wrote:

> I believe this is only a warning, the server still links fine.

Not according to the reporter.

> Sunos gets these too, but not today (1.3b3-dev) since it get's stuck at
> the
> fgetc isn't declared in stdio problem. - ben

I don't get them on:

	SunOS gsb009 4.1.4 1 sun4c unknown

Anyone have a BSD/OS box?