Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jack Humphrey <ja...@google.com> on 2007/02/14 00:27:33 UTC

4.1 hang in ActiveMQSession.setClientID

When creating a new connection, I am sometimes seeing a hang in
setClientID when it tries to send the info command to the broker. Has
anyone seen this? Any ideas? Thanks.

Id: 18, Name: ***, State: WAITING, Lock:
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar@1f096d6
 java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
 java.lang.Object.wait(Unknown Source)
 edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar.await(CondVar.java:75)
 edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:318)
 org.apache.activemq.transport.FutureResponse.getResult(FutureResponse.java:42)
 org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorrelator.java:75)
 org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1171)
 org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(ActiveMQConnection.java:1259)
 org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.setClientID(ActiveMQConnection.java:361)

Re: 4.1 hang in ActiveMQSession.setClientID

Posted by Jack Humphrey <ja...@google.com>.
Don't have much more data at this point, but what is troubling is that
regardless of the state of the broker when the hang starts, when we
notice the hang the broker is inevitably working fine and accepting
connections. To work around this we're going to try putting our code
that establishes the connection in a background thread and kill it if
it doesn't complete before a timeout.

We recently upgraded from 3.2 and never had this problem there.

++Jack++

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.