Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jan Pernica <ja...@pernica.org> on 2010/09/22 10:46:09 UTC

Locking

  Hi. I just found jackrabbit as a good start point for our WebDAV project.
I have run standalone server to find features of jackrabbit and I found
following problem:
Using OpenOffice 3.2.1 I am able to open the same document from two
places and both of them can write the content.

the questions is:
How to lock document to be read-only if it is edited by some user?

Thanks for any hints

Regards

Jan

Re: Locking

Posted by Jan Pernica <ja...@pernica.org>.
  Hello Fabian

On 22.9.2010 13:51, Fabián Mandelbaum wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> indeed there's always a few PROPFIND (usually starting at / ) to find
> out about the DAV capabilities of the server (I guess, I didn't
> confirm this, but seen all DAV clients do the same thing), and then
> the 'real' requests are performed (LOCK, PUT, UNLOCK)
>
> Even if it would make perfect sense to do the LOCK 1st and then the
> GET, when opening a file, I think it's more conservative to do the GET
> first, and only do the LOCK if the file could be gotten fine (GET
> succeeded).
This scenario is OK.
> Maybe the LOCK, GET, UNLOCK sequence you are seeing is because there's
> some network (or other) problem when performing the GET and the file
> cannot be properly retreived?
The problem is than OpenOffice not all the time sends LOCK/UNLOCK and is
sending PUT after UNLOCL :-(

Thank you for your time

Jan

Re: Locking