Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by "Greenberg, Michael" <Mi...@iona.com> on 2005/12/22 20:37:11 UTC

Response to Dims...

Hi Dims,

Sorry, I am not yet a subscriber (but soon will be!) to this mailing
list so I couldn't respond to your message. My colleagues drew my
attention to it, though.

Apologies for any confusion created by my e-mail yesterday. I realize it
appears as though I didn't understand the normal process for becoming a
committer to an Apache project. The reason for my post was that the
initial Tuscany committers had asked if IONA would be willing to have
engineers be among the initial committers. There were several
volunteers, however they were omitted due to a miscommunication. I was
asked to correct this by sending an e-mail to the initial committers,
and I thought sending the request to this mailing list was the best way
to do that.

I do realize that once a project starts at Apache, new committers are
only selected based on merit. I will leave it to the WS PMC to determine
whether you see what we're trying to do here as correcting an
administrative error, or if you would prefer to evaluate the merit of
each proposed IONA contributor individually. In either case, all the
individuals identified in my e-mail yesterday are willing to contribute
to this project.

Sincere regards,
Mike

Michael J. Greenberg
Director of Engineering -- SOA Networks
mjg@iona.com
IONA Technologies, Inc.
200 West Street
Waltham, MA 02451 USA
Tel: (781) 902-8160
Fax: (781)-902-8001
Cell: (603)-767-1244

Re: Response to Dims...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Welcome to the group! It's a bit late in the process, we will have to
use the normal yardstick. Please start looking at the code in JIRA and
posting patches, questions etc.and we will see how it goes from there.
Looking forward to working with you all.

thanks,
dims