Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aliesha Alli <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/10 21:17:45 UTC

Analytic Framework Metrics / Logging

Hello NiFi Team,
I have downloaded both NiFi Linux and Windows on separate systems and configured "analytics.predict" properties, created a FlowFile, and changed the processors to Debug. 100% of the threshold object is met, but I don't see any events for predictions or R-Square score in the nifi-app.log file. In Linux specifically as this is my main environment, what do I need to enable in order to see the analytic prediction or events associated with the analytic framework?
Thank you,Aliesha

Re: Fw: Analytic Framework Metrics / Logging

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'll reply to Aliesha to explain mailing list usage.

Re: Analytic Framework Metrics / Logging

Posted by Yolanda Davis <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Aliesha,

Thank you for reaching out!  What specific analytics settings did you
change in nifi.properties? For example by default the
*nifi.analytics.predict.enabled* property is set to false. Enabling that to
be true by itself should turn on predictions (after a restart of nifi).

Also if you are interested in seeing debug for the analytics package you
can add the following entry to the logback.xml file under the conf folder:

*<logger name="org.apache.nifi.controller.status.analytics" level="DEBUG"
/>*

Finally I do have a blog which may offer more insights on how this works
here:
http://lonnifi.blogspot.com/2019/11/back-pressure-prediction-deep-dive.html.
It includes more information on the feature and its settings. It also has
an accompanying video.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

-yolanda

yolanda.m.davis@gmail.com
@YolandaMDavis