Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/03/12 13:25:29 UTC

Draft Board Report

A draft of the board report is available at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/board-reports/2009/board-report-march-2009.txt

We need Nutch, Lucene.NET, Tika.  If someone from those projects could
fill them out, I'd appreciate it.

The meeting is on the 18th, and the report is due on the 16th.

-Grant

Re: Draft Board Report

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Report filed.

On Mar 15, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Last call on Board Report.  I've checked in reports for Nutch
> and .NET.   I plan on filing at 16:00 EDT (give or take a few
> minutes).
>
> -Grant
>
> On Mar 12, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>
>> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>> A draft of the board report is available at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/board-reports/2009/board-report-march-2009.txt
>>>  We need Nutch, Lucene.NET, Tika.  If someone from those projects
>>> could fill them out, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: Draft Board Report

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Draft Board Report

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> A draft of the board report is available at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/board-reports/2009/board-report-march-2009.txt
>

> We need Nutch, Lucene.NET, Tika.  If someone from those projects could
> fill them out, I'd appreciate it.

Nutch release 1.0 is under a vote, which ends up tomorrow. I'd like to
update the status after we know that we made a release.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Fwd: Draft Board Report

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
FYI, DIGY?  George?  Doug?

	Erik

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Draft Board Report

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> A draft of the board report is available at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/board-reports/2009/board-report-march-2009.txt
>
> We need Nutch, Lucene.NET, Tika.  If someone from those projects could fill
> them out, I'd appreciate it.

I added the following for Tika based on discussion on tika-dev@.

<report>
Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
structured text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries.

The first candidate for the 0.3 release is already in place and the
release should be pushed out in March.

Metadata handling and metadata frameworks like XMP have been a source
of much discussion, but so far no clear consensus on has been reached
on whether or how the metadata features in Tika should be extended.

A wiki was created for Tika.
</report>

BR,

Jukka Zitting