Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/06/13 21:01:53 UTC

Log4j & user doc

Tristan,

Although I see references to -Dflume.root.logger I see no place that actually implements support for it. So I removed those from the documentation.

There are still references to Log4j 1 but those are all for Flume’s Log4j Appender, which still targets Log4j 1.

Please review the Flume web site for any other issues there.

Ralph

Re: Log4j & user doc

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Sorry, yes I was going to mention that I added this support as noted by Sean. However, it only works when the configuration in in properties format.
Flume is currently packaged with an XML configuration, probably because I hate the properties format. But as Sean notes, this could be resolved by converting log4j2.xml to log4j2.properties and making sure to include the system property reference.

Ralph

Re: Log4j & user doc

Posted by Sean Busbey <sb...@apple.com.INVALID>.

Re: Log4j & user doc