Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Seth Lenzi <le...@jimmy.harvard.edu> on 2011/06/07 22:46:59 UTC

async requests on cluster

The isAsyncSupported() method of the SerlvletRequest object returns
false when you uncomment the <Cluster
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/> element in the
server.xml file (Tomcat 7.0.14). Basically, enabling clustering seems to
break support for asynchronous servlets... Is there something else that
needs to be done to enable async requests to work on a cluster?

-S

Re: async requests on cluster

Posted by Seth Lenzi <le...@jimmy.harvard.edu>.
OK, thanks for the info!

-S

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
On 6/7/2011 3:34 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 21:46, Seth Lenzi wrote:
>> The isAsyncSupported() method of the SerlvletRequest object returns
>> false when you uncomment the<Cluster
>> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>  element in the
>> server.xml file (Tomcat 7.0.14). Basically, enabling clustering seems to
>> break support for asynchronous servlets... Is there something else that
>> needs to be done to enable async requests to work on a cluster?
> That would be a bug. Looking at it now, the fix should make it into the
> next 7.0.x release (7.0.16). I'll be starting on that release once this
> issue is fixed.
not a bug,just not a feature yet implemented. replication is triggered when a request ends. when async is in play, replication must be
replicated based on an interval, or when the request is finally complete.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.