Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Scott A. Roehrig" <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/29 16:18:07 UTC

JSP use in Jetspeed v1.3a2

Has anyone had any success changing from vm templating to jsp in Jetspeed. I
have disabled the vm templating and changed the TurbineResources to the
following...

# Used to set the template homepage if you are using a template

# layout.

#

# Default: /Index.vm

template.homepage=/Home.jsp

# This is the default screen to show to people when they first access

# the system. Specify one of the template screens such as VelocityScreen

# to use a template system.

#

# Default: Login

#screen.homepage=

# This is the template that is shown on an incorrect login attempt.

# Setting this property will override any value of screen.login specfied

# below.

#

# Default: Login.vm

template.login=Login

# This is the page that is shown on an incorrect login attempt. It is

# referenced in the LoginUser action. Note that it will only be used if

# a login template has not been specified (see template.login above).

#

# Default: Login

#screen.login=Login

# This is the template that is used by the respective Template based

# ErrorScreen for displaying the error. If you are not using a Template
based

# ErrorScreen, then this is ignored.

#

# Default: /Error.vm

# for JSP templating use: Error.jsp

# for Velocity templating use: Error.vm

template.error=Error

# This is the default error screen.

#

# Default: VelocityErrorScreen

#screen.error=JspErrorScreen

# This is the screen that is displayed when the user's web page is in

# an invalid state.

#

# Default: error.InvalidState

screen.invalidstate=error.InvalidState

# Set the default Doctype. The default Doctype can be set by using

# the single strings: Html40Strict, Html40Transitional, or

# Html40Frameset. Additionally the default can be supplied as two

# strings separated by a comma giving the DTD and URI.

#

# Default: ignored if not set to some value.

default.doctype=Html40Transitional

# This is the default action to log a user in.

#dst action.login=LoginUser

action.login=JLoginUser

# This is the default action to log a user out.

action.logout=LogoutUser

# This is the default action to validate whether or not a session is

# valid. For example, if you want to make sure if a user has already

# logged in or not.

#

# Default: SessionValidator

#dst action.sessionvalidator=sessionvalidator.TemplateSessionValidator

action.sessionvalidator=JetspeedSessionValidator

# This is the timeout in seconds for sessions. If left commented out, the

# servlet container's default timeout will be left as is.

# session.timeout=1800

# This is the default action that builds up the AccessControlList for

# the individual users session.

action.accesscontroller=AccessController

When I access the initial page, it throws an exception...

/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/screens/Home.jsp Error processing ecs screen
'default'. See log for more information.

Nothing pertitent is logged. In addition, when I goto the login page, it
comes up fine, however when I log in it just returns me to the login page.
The default.psml file is being used as well.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Thanks again.

Scott

Re: JSP use in Jetspeed v1.3a2

Posted by "Scott A. Roehrig" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Problem solved. Disabling velocity templating service and params was not a
good idea. Jsp can be used for the layouts, but seems that Velocity is still
required for the portlet screen construction Home page or something.

Scott