Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2016/08/01 19:42:27 UTC

Location of toolchains.xml

So I noticed that toolchains.xml is always expected to live in my ~/.m2/
directory.

This is a bit unfortunate for me because I have different versions of Maven
on my machine. I actually would like to keep my tools separated in the same
way I can separate my settings.xml per installation. What do you guys think
of adding an additional lookup at $maven_home/conf/toolchains.xml ?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Location of toolchains.xml

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Ah, yes I am ! Thanks for pointing that out.

The mini-guide then needs to be updated. It only mentions using the home
directory:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-toolchains.html

Cheers,
Paul